Based on the pioneering work of Richard Pochinko, this process synthesizes Native American and European clowning traditions to guide you in the discovery of clown. Participants are taken on a journey exploring colour, innocence and experience.
Six clay masks are made which create a personal mythology. As they are worn and explored various characters emerge which form and define your clown.
We need to build a clown who speaks to today, that is not just a collection of gags, but an archetype that reveals the essence of the performer.
This is clown that gives us a larger sense of the divine in each of us, that celebrates our humanness, our animalness, and the times that we can touch each other in a moment of laughter.Click here to register
January 9th to February 11th 2017
Monday to Friday - 9:30am to 1:30pm
Saturday February 11th at 8:00pm
1950 CAD$ (Tax included)
The Circus Academy
(formerly the Centre of Gravity)
1300 Gerrard Street East
1. From GREENWOOD subway station (green line)
2. Take BUS 31 SOUTH towards Eastern
3. Get down at GERRARD ST EAST bus stop
1. From COLLEGE subway station (yellow line)
2. Take STREETCAR 506 EAST towards Main St Station
3. Get down at GREENWOOD AVE stop
No more information available